Destroying and disposing computers responsibly
Data contained on hard drives can be of critical importance. They contain much more information than a standard bankers box. Information can include thousand of clients or important customer records. Proper destruction of hard drives from old or outdated computers is a vital concern for virtually every business.
We shred your hard drives to securely destroy all materials and recycle the scrap metal.
We also shred & recycle other types of media, like floppys, tapes and CDs, please read more about our other services.
Have questions? We can help!
Our five step process for hard drive destruction:
- 1. Technician scans every hard drive serial number at the customer location in order to provide a clear chain of custody
- 2. Hard drives are transported to our NAID AAA certified secure facility for off-site destruction OR shredded on-site by our specialized hard drive shredding equipment
- 3. The entire hard drive is physically destroyed by shredding to unrecoverable pieces
- 4. A Certificate of Destruction is issued which includes the serial numbers and the date of destruction
- 5. The shredded hard drives are recycled for their metal content