Frequently Asked Questions
Do you recycle the paper after it is shredded?
Yes, the paper is recycled after it is shredded.
Do I have to remove binder clips, staples, paper clips?
No, you do not remove those items.
Do you shred other material such as x-rays, pictures, etc.?
Generally yes, we shred items other than paper; However, please call to discuss your specific needs.
Why should I use an outside service, rather than shredding the paper internally?
1. First, it is almost always more expensive to shred in-house using a portable, office shredder. See Cost Effectiveness for more information.
2. The security of shredding in-house is also important. Much of what you want to destroy is probably confidential information such as payroll records which you don’t want your average or entry level employee to see.
How often will you come to shred documents?
We will come as often you need. For example, it may be best to travel to your facility and shred periodically, such as weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, depending on your requirements. We will interview you to determine your needs and then set up a schedule. We remain flexible as your needs change. If you have an exceptional one-time need, we will change the schedule to meet your needs.
How much are the containers?
The lockable security containers are provided to you free of charge. You can choose from a variety of container types and sizes.
Why don't I just send the paper to a recycler?
You lose a certain amount of security when you send the paper to a recycler.
- Your confidential information is often hand sorted (graded) by recycling company personnel, which means they could take whatever information they want, such as patient information or tax returns.
- Recycling services may use open collection containers, accessible to anyone, staff, janitors, etc.
- The employees of recycling service companies are generally not screened, bonded and insured
- Your paper is transported in the trucks in whole form, so that if an accident should occur, your confidential information is open to the public.
Still have more questions? We love helping our customers, please contact us right away!